Care and Health Information Exchange (CHIE)
The Care and Health Information Exchange (CHIE) is a secure system which shares health and social care information from GP surgeries, hospitals, community and mental health, social services and others. CHIE helps professionals across Hampshire, the Isle of Wight and surrounding areas provide safer and faster treatment for you and your family by:
- Ensuring that you only have to tell your story once.
- Reducing delays to your treatment. For example, by reducing the need to repeat blood tests.
- Making sure the doctors, nurses and others involved in your care know about your medical history.
To protect your privacy and confidentiality, only health and social care professionals who are involved in your care are allowed access to your record and can identify you from it.
You have the right to opt out of having your data on CHIE for your care. If you want to do this, please speak to your practice or contact the CHIE team directly as below.
You can find out more about:
- Your legal right
- Who controls and protects your information
- How to opt out of sharing your data
- How long we keep your record
- How to make a complaint
- How to contact the data protection officer
firstname.lastname@example.org / 0300 123 1519